What are the contract requirements for holding a retreat/wedding?
- $500 Security/Damage Deposit made by separate check that we return to you after check out if contract is followed and no damages occur.
- Certificate of Insurance naming Hana Retreat dba Ala Kukui as an additional insured on your commercial general liability policy with limits of $2 million aggregate and $1 million each occurrence.
- Signed Contract
- First Deposit of retreat/wedding total
What is check in and check out time?
- Check in is at 1pm
- Check out is at 11am
- Early check in and Late check out must be arranged in advance.
What kinds of payment options do you offer?
- Payment can be made in installments of 50% at contract signing and 50% at check in. Or 30% at contract signing, 40% 2 months before retreat start date, 30% at check in.
- Preferred payment method is by check. However we do accept major credit cards with the 3.5% card processing fee added on to the total.
Is there wifi available?
- In keeping with the retreat atmosphere, there is no wifi available at the main retreat house and cabins. However, if there is a need to use wifi, the main office, located below the main retreat house and in the same building as the hālau, has free wifi available for use.
Is there a washing machine and dryer available for guest use?
- There is no washer and dryer available for guest use. Laundry can be done by the housekeeper for $15/load (washed, dried, folded) or $10 (washed and dried) with advance notice.
Is there daily housekeeping?
- For weeklong programs we offer house cleaning on 2 of the days.
- For 5-day programs we offer house cleaning on 1 of the days.
- No house cleaning for programs shorter than 5 days and for longer retreats a schedule will be discussed with the retreat leader.
- House cleaning includes, sweeping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning bathrooms, tidying communal spaces and exchanging towels.
- There are no additional cleaning fees applied to check out.
Can we have an open pit fire on the property?
- No open pit fires are allowed on the property, however the house is equipped with its own fire place that is available for use upon request.
Is there cell service in Hāna?
- Verizon is the best cellular carrier in Hāna in terms of signal strength and service area. AT&T and Sprint work in most areas, however signal strength is weaker.
Restaurants and Off-Property Accommodations
- There are no restaurants on property. Purchasing groceries in Kahului and utilizing our beautiful certified kitchen to cook your own meals is the best option. However there are a few places to eat in town, which is a 3 mile drive from the property: Barefoot Cafe, Hāna Ranch Restaurant, Chow Wagon. Visit www.hanamaui.com for other lodging in the Hana area.
Do you provide shuttle service?
- We are unable to provide shuttle service for participants to and from the airport. There are no rental car companies here in Hāna, a car must be rented from Kahului.